Our recipe this week is inspired by the grouper fingers at Sint Maarten Yacht Club & Bar. They were super delicious and almost melted in your mouth. Enjoy!
1 1/2 lbs Grouper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/3 Cup Cornstarch
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoons Dill
1/3 Teaspoon Ground Mustard
1 1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1. Cut the grouper into 2 inch strips
2. In a Dutch oven, pour the vegetable oil so that it is about 3 inches deep and heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
3. In a dish, combine the cornstarch, flour, dill, mustard, and salt.
4. Pour the buttermilk into another dish. Then dredge the strips in the cornstarch/flour mixture, dip in the buttermilk, and then dredge in the flour mixture again.
5. Fry the fingers in small batches for about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
To create the option Yummy Sauce:
In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup grated onions, 1/2 cup dill relish and 1/2 teaspoon dried dill. Then season with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dash of salt and pepper. Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen (so you know it's going to taste good)